Old 03-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Kate01

I am sorry about your Sister, you and she are in my prayers.

I have been a loner almost all of my life. I was an only child and had to make my own entertainment. (before TV and the internet). I worked outside the home until I had to retire to become a caregiver. I was a caregiver for my dad with Parkinsons, then my Hubby with Alziemers and then my Mom with heart and walking problems, she died at age 92.

After I lost them I was entirely alone and sold my house in Florida and moved back to Pennsylvania to be near my daughter. I had found quilting along the way and love the act of creating new and pretty things with fabric, so I was content to be a loner. My daughter is always trying to get me to go out and "Meet people", but I would rather stay home and sew or spend time on the computer. I am hearing impaired and have trouble walking due to Arthritis, so that precludes many of the things that I could do "out there". I am going to volunteer 1 day a week at the local hospital, doing computer entry, which they really need help with, to satisfy my daughter and I hope make it possible for me to make a few friends. Wish me luck.