Old 03-01-2011, 01:07 PM
clsurz

I am very new at quilting however I have a good eye for things so with that being said one can always find something positive to say about others efforts.

Projects like these have to speak to me for me to be able to say it has the "wow" factor. Personally I don't think I'll ever get into "traditional" quilting because it simply does not speak to me but folks that go that route create some awesome pieces.

I'm pretty much a non-conformist so to speak and a thinker outside the box and I know many folks cannot stand my choices but that is ok to because I create what speaks to me and I certainly have a long ways to go to learning quilting of any kind.

I like applique alot and also lean towards "crazy quilting" more so than any other form of quilting if I were to ever complete a quilt and someday I will.

No matter how awful we may think someone's work is doesn't really matter especially if the person did there very best based on there knowledge of what they did.

It is alot better to say something positive and encouraging folks than our being negative about it. Personally if I were very experienced in quilting and I saw something so awful I would make a point to befriend that person and try and exchange contact info and as time went by I'd be sharing my knowledge with that person without there realizing I was and they would learn new things.

We know not what a person goes through to create something we believe to be the ugliest thing we have ever seen. All that matters is that they did there very best based on their knowledge they may have and ability.

Many of us have serious illnesses and we try our best to do it right and that is all that matters....that the person did there very best.

IMHO I say "judge not lest ye be judged".