Old 03-01-2011, 04:57 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by donnajean
I was just responding to another posted topic about how much is too much stash. My sister died in 2001 with a 5 bedroom house as well as storage facilities filled with anything relating to quilting. Her "when I retire I will open a quilt shop" never happened as she lost her battle with colon cancer. This was pre-internet times & quilting became such an obsession that all she did was quilt & work. She became isolated from any local friends. I don't know if this would still be true if she had gotten involved with the internet connections we have today. I have met & helped so many quilters as I send her 2,500 quilt books all over the world. Sites like this QB are a blessing for the many people like my sister who do not get out & about.
I'm very sorry for your loss. Maybe your sister just really loved to quilt so much that she would rather do that than hang out with people. Maybe it gave her an outlet from the stress of working. I hope all the fabric and books she acquired gave her great joy.

This board is wonderful and no one who joins need ever be lonely again! You can talk to so many people, about your favorite pastime, all day or night! Too bad your sister didn't live to find the great camaraderie we have here...