Old 03-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Barb_MO

Originally Posted by GagaSmith
I have this ruler and love it. One tip for those who want to get one, if you are like me, not exactly a mathematical genius, get some small colored dots from the office supply section of a store. Stick them on the ruler where you want to make cuts just to make sure you cut the right sized strips or blocks. For example, if you are cutting 2 1/2" strips, put a dot at 2 1/2, 5, 7 1/2 etc. You can reuse the dots or just use new ones each time. They are very inexpensive and save on cutting errors.
I was at the quilt shop today and the owner was showing us her ruler. She using what she called glow strips under the slots where she needed to cut. made sense...place one at the 3", 6", 9" and 12" and have 4 strips cut in no time. And...never cut if the tap is not under the the slot. She said the glow strip is easy to reposition.
Want to get me one of these because I spend more time position my ruler than cutting strips and it kills my hand to press down on the 5" ruler I use to keep it from slipping.