View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 10:59 PM
gaigai
Banned

Originally Posted by MissQuilter
I love making the blocks, amazed at how they turn out, but think I would like it better if I made them into squares instead of trying to sew lines of half hexagons together without getting them out of order. I have a problem getting them laid out, and then sewn together in the correct order. Both of mine have been hexagons... i love the way some of you are able to blend the colors so beautifully! If I added the triangles to make squares, I would not have to keep the half hexagons in order, right? and it seems it might be easier to keep seams matched??? Help! I have a shoe box full of half hexagons!
The hexs (6) can't be made into squares. The squares are made from Octogons (8). The way to keep them together is to make sure that you chain each threesome in sequence so the halves are attached. Now you need to get that shoe box out and start separating the hexs. You need to make some kind of design wall, even if it is just a piece of batting pinned to a wall. That will hold the hexs in place so you can line them up easily. Good luck.