Old 03-02-2011, 03:47 AM
Qbee

OK....so as most of you know, I am still pretty much a "Newbie" although this board has taught me more in the 7 months since I started than many will learn in a lifetime! I am just getting ready to put the final touches on my Quilting Room/Studio and would love your input.

If you were starting from scratch again, what would you do different? I'm talking about ideas like, keeping a record of each quilt with pictures, fabric name(s), pattern, etc. How woud you have organized and/or labeled your fabrics as you brought them in when you were first building your stash? How woud you organize your patterns as you started collecting them? You know...way back before you had whole shelves full of them...LOL!! :D How would you have handled the "scraps" from fabric that you got for a paticular quilt after you were done making that quilt? Would you go ahead and cut it into squares or row?? Bottom line...what would you do different if you were just starting and knew what you know now?

I figure since I am just starting and only have a handfull of patterns, etc., that now is the time to start a proper system. I have already found myself collecting rulers that I can't find the directions for, etc. I have a binder with a bunch of patterns that I have printed off of the free websites but it isn't organized at all! So I can tell that this could get out of hand very quickly. Any helpful tips would be most appreciated. Thanks so much!! :D