View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 06:32 AM
pinot

Hi Rainy Day, we were in Sydney in 1986. My husband had to go to an international meeting of all Blood Bank directors. He was a doctor in the dutch army and this way I've seen a lot of the world. I had to discover Sydney on my own and I loved it! It was very british to me and I loved the smells, the colorfull birds in the sky, the mix of people, the food, the kindness and warm hospitality of the people we met in the streets. I met a wife of another doctor. She was so sweet. They lived in Victoria and he was from Calcutta. But after a few years the contact got less. That's how things go in life! I would love to visit Sydney again but it's a long journey by plane. But you'll never know, maybe I'll win the lotery one day!!!ne
Originally Posted by Rainy Day
Pinot, you are not stupid!
The Gold Coast was named that in the 1950s to sell the land, the climate is like Cannes, it is very hot and humid in summer.
I am in Melbourne, which is like Paris - we even have a brown river that runs through our town. I live in the outer suburbs, near the beach in a small wooden house.
It has been a strange summer here, and it looks like being a cold winter.

My day - Rainy of course!
Seriously, I work from 8.30 am to 5 pm, I ride my bike or walk to work.
I ride to the shops most of the time, unless I am buying a lot of stuff, then I drive.
I have 3 LQS nearby, I buy from them and the Net.
When were you in Sydney? I lived there many years ago.
I love Quiltmania magazine - it has articles about France in it.
Most of our fabric comes from the USA, but I do buy some from local manufacturers like this one:
http://www.auntycookie.com/
Aboriginal designs - I buy them from the USA - they are cheaper . . .