Old 03-02-2011, 07:21 AM
olebat

Have any of you had a chance to review the fiddle base I put on page 739? http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-43881-739.htm I know some of the key players in this shoppe have been out lately, but I'm real curious, and surely I don't have the resources that the lot of you have amassed.

This is what I think I have: Domestic, #3, Vibrating Shuttle, Fiddle base treadle machine.

In addition to any information, I am in search of a date. The number stamped under the (missing) shuttle slide is 88703. According to the manual I located and downloaded, it is really a quilters’ dream, for it will do free motion and embroidery. WOW! Of course, none of this will be possible until I locate a shuttle, attachments, and some sharp needles. Currently, everything seems to move nicely. It needs a cursory cleaning, and little more than routine oiling, and ATTACHMENTS. The belt needs to be tightened, but does not appear to be too brittle.

I'm all ears and eyes hoping someone here in the Vintage Shoppe can enlighten me with a dating link. (Preliminary research indicates about 1875) I’m also looking for resource which carries vintage parts. This beastie has consumed a lot of my time and energy this week, with only a few positive results.

I have a bunch of what I consider old machines in my collection, but I'm beginning to more and more appreciate these vintage machines. My husband reminds me that our house isn't big enough to take on another hobby. I just laugh and remind him that this is not another hobby, just an extension of the quilting.

Anyway . . . the machine?

Side support
[ATTACH=CONFIG]134332[/ATTACH]

Treadle Petal
[ATTACH=CONFIG]134339[/ATTACH]

no thread feed - a dating clue?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]134347[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-134327.jpe   attachment-134334.jpe   attachment-134342.jpe