Thread: quilt kits
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 11:11 AM
Lyn

I just learned two big lessons. I bought a quilt kit online just before Thanksgiving but did not look at it until now. My friend's son is graduating from college in fish and game so I found a nice outdoorsy style quilt to make. When I opened it recently and went to cut the fabric in the kit the fabric had been cut too short. I called the shop and explained what had happened. She only had one of the fabric pieces left so now I am trying to piece together fabric to make the right size. That was my first lesson, check yardage. The second lesson was that they substituted three of the fabrics. The binding was suppose to be fabric with fishing flies, instead it is leaves and the fabric feels like a soft vinyl. The red material is supposed to be plain. Instead I got red material with gold and blue Christmas stars. I am very unhappy and can't get my money back but I have learned my lesson. I will make my own kits from now on. Now I have to go through my stash and see if I can find better fabric. Thank you for letting me vent.