View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 07:58 AM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by deedum
Thanks Bily! The cabinet is nothing special really! The machine is a beauty. I really don't know anything about the 99. She is small so that makes so much sense, that she is 3/4. I don't think her feed dogs drop like the 15. I just know the old machines sew so nice and a person can maintain them without having to haul them in each year like my janome. Took a month to get it back from just a cleaning. I will post a pic shortly!
3/4 cabinets are worth their weight in gold trust me!!

I have a huge collection of machines and yeah I am building a 1600sqft edition to my studio to house most of them but I would never sell it. As far as the "if you dont use it sell it" ideas think about all of those old barbies and baseball cards and cars we had through the years that we wished we still had. Now they are worth a fortune and it would be nice to have them again.

And the day of finding nice machines for $25 are all but gone. People have started realizing that they have a collectible value and are raising the prices accordingly. They are still out there still but you have to look a lot harder.

Billy