Old 03-02-2011, 08:12 AM
Honchey

Originally Posted by violetsfarm
I am trying to keep a few weeks (blocks) ahead, just in case I am unable to sew for a period of time. I really am enjoying making all the blocks and seeing all the variations that everyone else is making.
It appears that the majority of the blocks I have made are measuring about 6-1/4". I guess it really doesn't matter as long as they are all the same. I am using the pp from the yahoo group, which has really been convenient.
I am also quilting each block with the batting like some of the "Dear Jane" quilters are doing. Handling a large project just doesn't work for me as I just quilt in my lap and really like the portability of the small squares. Anyone else quilting as you go?

Violetsfarm, I have seen some samples of this technique but have never attempted it....are you hand quilting or doing it by machine? are you following a pattern or doing a stitch in the ditch?
Some of the intersections are so thick how would you address this in sewing them....I guess you could go around them. How would you finish the back?? I've seen where a strip much like sashing is placed on the seam...is this what you're going to do?? Show some pics as you go..I'm curious. Anne