View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 10:23 AM
EagarBeez

Thank you all for the input, what my sister meant by country, I am not sure she even knew. I told her before I bought the fabric, I found a fabric that had a cabin and it was woodsy background. That is when she came up with the half skulls. Then said red,black,white. When we talked yesterday she brought it up again about country. I said well it's got to be a little more specific. She then said cowboys, saddles, cowboy boots. I said I found cowboy boots, but, nothing to work with it and it was not red, black or white. She said well can't you buy more fabric. I told her, I bought it out of state and it is not cheap. She said oh, ok, when are you going to start it.
This sister and I have never been close, but, since I am doing for one sister, I wanted to make one for the other. Both my sisters are the only family left. My mother and father both passed and there is just us. I told my sister, that I would like to keep what is left of our family together, we've been talking weekly, it's an improvement. I will go ahead with the plan for this quilt. It's a gift and I enjoy making quilts and I do love her in her own quirky way. What she does with it is her business, she is on the other side of the United States