Old 03-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Nolee

Originally Posted by chamby
Originally Posted by Nolee
I pulled a hamstring Saturday and went to the chiro last night and am so much better this morning. I went to three doctors over the years and they all poo-pooed chiros. Now I go to the chiro and hardly ever go to a doctor. My co-pay for my chiro is $20 and $40 for my doctor, so it works out well for me. I think doctors and surgeons are very necessary in certain situations but I'd opt for my chiro over them for anything bone or muscle related. And I don't need drugs!!
I give a big ditto here. However not all chiros are created equal. Just like a medical doctor, be sure to research before picking one. If all they do is per say crack your bones then beware. I have a great one but have not needed him lately, thank God.
You are so right; they are not created equal. I love mine because he uses the "activator" and I'm not hearing those awful cracking sounds and don't have to move off the table or lay to the side and have them crack you. Few use the activator but it reminds me of the old cherry pitters with a doorstop rubber tip on it that he adjusts the bones with. NO pain, NONE!!!

Also, I took someone else's advice on this thread and got some Cobroxin. MAN, that stuff is great. Thank you to whoever sent that. Walgreen's had two left and I got them. Online they were 2/$19.99 and I called the store and they gave the same price. When my husband went to get it, the girl charged him $19.99 apiece. He did his little, "Uh uh uh, we won't be doing that," as he wagged his finger back and forth on her. We got them for 2/$19.99. :) :) :)