Old 03-02-2011, 12:34 PM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by susiequilt
Originally Posted by grann of 6
Okay, 10:15 AM; is it wine o'clock yet?!?!? I am so frustrated! I am trying to quilt the QFK quilt with pinwheels on the embroidery machine, started Sunday on the Topaz with the design on the memory stick. The 3rd block I did, the design was not centered when finished. Yes, I had it centered before starting. So out came the stitches, then down to the computer and the Diamond. New needle, same thread, shredding before completing one design; changed to embroidery needle from quilting needle; still shredding. Finally got back to it today with different thread, cotton quilting thread; still shredding. Changed to topstitching needle, did one motif without shredding. Next square, shredding. I am going nuts. Any suggestions I would welcome at this point!!!!
Strange! I hope you figure it out. I don't know enough to offer help.
I think I may have the solution. I went into the store to pick up my new plaxiglass table for the Topaz and took the quilt along. She suggested reducing the tension and using Microtex needles. My test worked okay. I also switched to GOOD cotton quilting thread. We'll see how it works when I start quilting the pinwheels. I have to unsew a lot of what I had done so far.