Old 03-02-2011, 12:43 PM
HopeToLearn

Thank you so much for replying and giving the instructions along with your picture...it really helps me. I like your blanket too.

I think I understand your explanation. It is a simple horizontal knit/purl stitch blanket with whatever color changes one wants as they go along until completed. The plaid only comes into play when it is finished, using a blunt needle to 'weave' a single thread vertically through the stitches. Is this correct?

In the case of yours, did you crochet together strips of knit? Or did you crochet a color line over the top of your knitting?

Thank you again for your very informative reply!

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
If you don't find her, I made one years ago that is similar. Mine is just a plain knit a row, purl a row, knit a row blanket in stripes. Once that is done, you sew a single thread through the vertical stitches for the vertical lines. It's unbelivably simple. Mine was a tad different as the vertical lines were crocheted, not stitched. Crocheted makes a heavier line - I like the one above much better.

OK I just went and took a pic of mine. Mine also had some vertical color changes (the green). You can see the horizontal color changes in mine easy enough as you can see the stitches, and the vertical lines are done with a crochet hook.

The vertical lines in both afghans were done after knitting with either a needle or a crochet hook. I think that is what was throwing you off.

Hope this helps.
:!: :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-P :-P :-P