Old 03-02-2011, 06:04 PM
kateyb

Originally Posted by BJ SewKkrazzy
Someone once said something about not only do we learn from our own mistakes, but we can learn from others'. Can't say I have had anything like some of these. But then being a Crazy Quilter gives me more freedom. When a clerk ask me what am I making, as they are taught to do at JoAnn's (I know, I worked there last year for a few months), I can just say I am crazy quilting...and watch the blank stares, because 99% of them have never heard of cq, and couldn't give any advice if they wanted to!!!!
Crazy Quilting means there are no mistakes...just room for more embelishments!!!
Back in the eighties I worked in a fabric store and one of the requirements for the job was being able to sew. I wasn't a quilter at the time but had made all kinds of cloths. Now, in the big chain stores they don't need to know how to sew to get the job. I was amazed when I learned this. I think every one who works in local LQS's do know how to quilt at least a little. A few questions might give you an idea of their experience.