Old 01-25-2009, 04:05 AM
Skeat

I started out w/a Janome 3200 for $299....then upgraded due to the short throat space...and, yes, I was quilting in it anyhow! I upgraded to the Janome 6600 for $1,600. I love both and use both still all the time. I have friends that come over and sew and use the one I am not. Both go thru much and go thru it w/style:))Here's something to consider...I think we are thrifty and sometimes too thrifty of people. We will settle for less to be thrifty. This is not the place to settle for less! I always tell my dh...more power-more power!! :)Go into sites like Janome.com and put in the search exactly what you are wanting a machine for. Look at your options. I know service is important to some, but, am here to tell you I have so far done all my own servicing w/o a person to do it for me. (which is seriously oiling and cleaning only-they are work horses!) So, that is something to consider either way. No sense in paying a small change here when you will spend the bigger amount later then you spent more money in the long run:))LOL W/my 6600 I wanted to sew fassssster and have the bigger throat opening for quilts. Will prob put this on a quilt frame some day and then piece w/my smaller Janome as not to have to keep moving things back and forth. You can get an embrod machine/sewing all in one...it just doesn't stop there!:))LOL Keep us posted! Skeat