View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Maride

This morning I was in the train with my son on the way to school. My son is 17 and almost twice as tall as I am so as long as I can with him I doze off. I was suddenly awoken by screaming. This very stupid man ran to get in the train while the doors were closing. He made it in but his little kid, about 4 years old, didn't. His knee was trapped by the door, but he was still outside. The doors wouldn't open back and he was in pain and probably very afraid and started screaming. Within seconds someone pulled the emergency break and a bunch of guys got up, ran and pulled on the door until they got it open. I could see the effort they put into getting that door open and didn't give up until they did it. It was amazing to see the persistence they had to help a total stranger. It was beautiful and made me cry. To my surprise no one even yelled at the father for being so stupid. It took a while for the train to move again, but the boy was Ok. I really hate it when people say that New Yorkers don't care.