Thread: Discouraged
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 03:26 AM
sew wishful

I just made a rail fence pattern...can't believe how easy it was! I cut strips from four colors, sewed separate colors together, end to end, sewed the four color strips to each other and then cut the big long strip into blocks. Arrange the blocks so the colors "attach" to make the fence diagonally through the quilt! So easy!!
It's easy to get discouraged, but everyone on here is so helpful...they can figure out every detail or problem that should arise. Good luck and don't give up!
My first quilt was a crazy nine patch, the second the same, but turned out way different. The third and fourth were disappearing 9 patch and they were so fun!! The next a pinwheel, which was a bit more advanced than I anticipated, then a strip quilt (easy), then a split rail fence, 10 minute block, rag quilt and now the rail fence. I've made lots of mistakes that my grandkids (recipients of the quilts) would never see and it's made me so happy to give them a part of me.
You will do fine. Start cutting and sewing and just see how things come together. The first quilt is a learning experience. Take notes. :lol: