Old 03-03-2011, 05:20 AM
lclang

[quote=Eileen][quote=whereaminow]I haven't seen this one posted yet - If you have a block with many, many pieces (Or an applique block) lay out the pieces and iron onto a piece of freezer paper, one piece of paper for each block. This way you can cut out multiple blocks, have them ironed onto the paper and the pieces won't go flying everywhere if they get knocked about. They stack up very nicely.

I made a "book" for laying out blocks. I used a pillow panel and for the front and a same size piece for the back, layered with batting, sewed and left an opening for turning. Quilted the cover to suit me. Added pages of warm N' natural or any firm batting alternated with plain muslin pages. The blocks are laid out on the batting layer and covered with the muslin. The whole thing can be rolled up for transporting to class or wherever you go. There is a little zippered pocket in the back for thimble, thread, scissors, pins, etc.

In a pinch I have also laid out blocks on newspaper squares and put them in a box. That works too. I like the idea of using freezer paper too.
]