View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 05:57 AM
mimistutz

I'm planning way ahead because it will probably take me at least a year to make. My grandson is graduating next year (high school) and I had an idea that I could make him a quilt for graduation. I have only made a couple of quilts so far and am working on a couple of others, so I need a fairly easy idea.

A little about GS - He is an Electrical major at a Vo Tech school. Loves Wrestling - 3rd in district - also plays soccer. He has played baseball, though not for school.
I was trying to find a way to tie these thing together, but they're not related and don't have an idea. I can see a sports theme, OR maybe an electric theme, but don't ever remember seeing fabric for that. Come to think of it, I've seen a lot of sports fabric, but not wrestling.
I also would like to work in his school colors somehow and maybe school name and graduation year, guess I could make that as a label.
Maybe I need to settle on one theme?

This was my brainstorm while waiting to fall asleep last night, so I'm just forming this idea now and I'm kind of rambling, sorry. All ideas are appreciated.