Thread: Discouraged
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 06:21 AM
KLO

Please, please don't be discouraged! And don't go buy one of those "made in China" quilts either. You will be much happier with something you make even when working on something simple in the beginning. We all had to start somewhere and work our way up. Some of the ones you see on this forum are made by people who have been sewing/quilting for many years or have degrees in Art. Plus, even those who have sewn for a while make a mistake now and then. You need to just start! I saw a quilt on Pottery Barn that was just large squares sewn together but the fabric was so beautiful that I fell in love with the quilt and I also like the simple way it was quilted. I will be using that idea soon even though I have been quilting for some time. Also, don't discount finding a quilting buddy or a guild or small quilt group to join. Check JoAnn's if you have one nearby. Good luck and enjoy the photos of quilts on this site but just take one step at a time and work your way up to something more complicated. PS: I see where you want to do a quilt using shirts. Someone sent you a link that shows what you can do with them. Cut simple squares and sew them together. This would be a great way to start your foray into quilting. Seriously, clear your brain and just start cutting and sewing. A lot of us started that way.