Thread: Discouraged
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 07:16 AM
sherriequilts

Originally Posted by Dmacc502
For weeks I have watched videos, read articles, searched forums, and I am more discouraged than ever. All you quilters make everything sound so easy. I can't find just a simple patch pattern. I don't want stars, diamonds, triangles, just squares. I am getting burned out on all the info and still not knowing anymore than I did when I started. I think I'll just buy a quilt.
Hi there! Can't wait to hear what you have chosen to do. There have been so many ideas shared here I'd have a hard time deciding on just one! I think someone mentioned seeing a quilt in a catalog made of just large squares and beautiful fabric. Believe me, I have seen some of those and they are gorgeous. But they would super easy to make. Choose an assortment of fabrics that you really like (some are already cut in 10 1/2 inch squares of coordinating fabrics), lay them out on a flannel-backed tablecloth in an arrangement you really like (take a photo that you can refer back to) and start sewing them together in rows across. Press the seams for alternating rows in opposite directions (they will nest together better at the corners). Then sew the rows together. PM me back for completing the quilt. Happy quilting! We are all here for you.