View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 09:12 AM
angelarose

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
I have spent the last two hours working on my former sewing area (in my laundry room) and don't feel like I made a dent. A few months ago, the mess actually forced me out into my dining room so I could sew without cleaning off my machine each time, but now the dining room is getting messy too because I keep pulling stuff out of my laundry room to work on and don't want to just dump it back into the room when I am done.

I think I am too messy to be a quilter.

I am feeling overwhelmed. I have a room downstairs where I keep a lot of my fabric and my mid-arm frame, but it doesn't have enough room for my machines, so I keep bringing fabric up to use. Lately, I am buying more fabric and notions because I get tired of looking through a mess to find something. I need to hire a professional organizer if I am going to keep quilting because the mess is driving me NUTS and I am not a naturally organized person, but once I get organized, I seem to be able to stay that way for quite a while.

Does anyone else get that overwhelmed feeling about their quilting spaces? (Or lack of it?) Am I the only one who loses their notions and what-nots in a clutter?
I wish I could come help you, but no can do. What you can do at this point is have a buddy come over. He or she doesn't have to know about sewing, but just having someone there with you can give you the momentum to get going at it. Great if that person knows about sewing, its notions, fabric and stuff, but not necessary. I've been in situations where I didn't know where to start and having someone there to help or advise was most helpful to me. It gave me the push to do it.
Please don't get down about it and beat yourself up. Take one step at a time.
Blessings,
Angela