View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 01:15 PM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JudyG
Originally Posted by Ducky
Mine won't be on actual denim (just denim looking fabric) but I was thinking about Forever in Blue Jeans (yes, as in the Neil Diamond song)
Great name, Ducky. And you'll have something to hum while you're working away.

I think I've become obsessed with applique. I have officially joined the JTG club. Couldn't sleep last night so got up and worked on my first block for a couple of hours. It's looking good. Now I need to get my embroidery thread so I can figure out what I want to do (color? variegated? who knows yet!). I practiced applique on a couple of blocks for a swap I'm doing, and can' believe how much better I feel I've gotten just in a week's time. By the time we get done with this quilt, we'll all be applique experts.
Judy, if you are looking for a varigated stranded floss, and I am sure there are some out there, please make sure you can get more if you need it. I have just finished my 11th block (JTG club, big time) and finished my second skein of DMC stranded floss at the same time. - so on average, 2 skeins = 11 blocks

Kristie, I LOVE your blocks - you have officially joined the JTG club! I also think you are the first to have come up with alternating backgrouunds, so yours will certainly be unique.

I was struggling with a name for my quilt, because I didn't want 'Affairs' in it, after divorcing my (now ex) DH after his numerous affairs, so I asked for suggestions on my PDA. Elle came up with a list, all of which I liked, but I have settled on Colour me Love, (with her permission).

When start date arrives, those of you who haven't JTG won't be lagging - I will post pics of each block, week by week, just as we did on the Jane Stickle Cyber Sew. I will show pics of my needleturn blocks, and there are likely to be others who will post pics of machine applique, so you will all be able to see how we did them. The start date was chosen to give the Jane Stickle schedule time to draw to a close, and to give everyone plenty of time to finish present committments, and to get the book so that fabrics could be collected.

Also, we knew that there would be people who had done little or no applique, and this time would be ideal for practicing the various ways of applique. If you all did your learning on your first blocks, you would probably want to redo those first ones, by the time you got to the end and had improved. This way, if you get comfortable with doing a leaf, heart and scroll beforehand, you might be happier with the first blocks.