Thread: Discouraged
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 01:48 PM
sew wishful

Originally Posted by RhondaKay
Oh and too ... just to let you know, I have not tried the simple pattern I sent to you because after I started making the star patterns with the short cuts I found to make them, then it was so simple for me, and, so I have just stuck with that so far. It makes so many different looks to a quilt.

I can share all the short cuts I have found if you want. Like sewing long strips together and then cutting them to get a half triangle square. Or, the one where you sew three pieces of fabric together and then use a square ruler to lay on it and cut out a great block piece... I am still getting use to terms too so please forgive me all you professional quilters :-)...

I would adopt you if I were a quilter with years of experience... I know how you feel but don't give up after you make a few little blocks you will feel comfrotable enough to make a whole quilt. And, I found that I got discouraged along the way because it just wasn't looking right but after I layed it out all the with the blocks together Wow it looked good....
I would love some shortcuts, too, Rhonda, if you are willing to share. I get bits and pieces of shortcuts from reading this board, but never start to finish instructions. I shy away from triangles because to cut them separately I end up with a miss measure or something! You can PM me or e-mail. Thank you!