View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 02:12 PM
isewman

I went to my Tipton quilt meeting, last monday. We were cutting out pillow cases, for the military, again. A lady friend Sandi Carstensen, passed it on to us, that she is planning to have a sewing period, of 2 different day's in March to help make pillow cases again. She told me that my son's commander received the 107 pillow cases, and the soldiers, were very very happy to receive these from home. I'm asking if I can help to receive pillow cases again. For anyone, wanting the direction's to make the pillow cases, I think if you type in operation military/pillow cases on Google, it will get you, to, I believe direction's also. If there is no problem, anyone, can send me any #(amount) of them-1-2-4-6, etc, if anyone wants to help ---Don Zaehringer-(address edited out by moderator. Please contact Don by PM). I will get them to Sandi, in Clinton, Iowa, or take them Neals Sewing center, in Davenport, Iowa, and she will drive down to pick them up. 1 more quick note, a lady friend in my Tipton guild, was telling some of us, about a item called--carpet cutting blade, to cut carpet. Apparently there the same size of a rotary blade. I went toa place I was told to go, and checked them out, and bought 2pkg's of them. Cost was 2 for $1.79. I got home, and opened up a pkg, and they worked great, so, i will buy 10-15 pkg's, when I get back to Davenport. Take care everyone. Don-isewman My son's "Welcome home soldier, quilt I showed at my meeting, and got a very wonderful clamp of hand's. I was just on the verge of crying, after the lady's stood and clapped. Will post a picture again. Don-isewman