View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 03:33 PM
dljennings

Originally Posted by Tinabodina
I was overwhelmed just like you at one time. Then I decided to get it organized. It took me over a week. I ironed fabric, sorted, made cardboard to hold my fabric on the bookshelves. I sorted squares by size, fat quarters by colors, notions and got rid of things I knew I would never use. I bought plastic shoe boxes with lids to hold everything and labeled them by color or theme with painters tape. Now about every month, I just have to pick up some things and put them back where they belong. I know where I am on all my UFO's and I actually have completed 2 of them. Once you get through the initial shock, you will feel so good. It was worth all the time and work I spent. Good luck.
same for me...every horizontal surface was covered with god only knows what.. i sure didn't.

what made me get it done was a certified letter from an attorney's office threatening a law suit over an old student loan that i KNEW i had paid... i had to find the proof that it was paid!!

it took me an entire long weekend... i threw a lot of fabric down the stairs as i went... then washed (or rewashed) it & folded it into several laundry baskets as i went thru every drawer & box in there... eventually i pressed it all & folded it & put it nicely on the shelves

i found stuff i had long since forgotten i had & i sorted as i went thru it..

i did find the proof of payment & got my studio straightened out at the same time. i vowed never to let my studio get like that again. now when the counter starts to get full, i get twitchy

i didn't realize it at the time, but i wasn't sewing much when it was such a disaster... i sew a lot more & am much more relaxed in there now...

keep working at it & once you get it done, you will enjoy your space so much more!