View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 04:13 PM
JudyG

I thought some of you with embroidery machines (especially new owners) would enjoy seeing what can be done with them. This is a picture digitized by Suz at bfc-creations.com I absolutely love her designs. I have done several of her pictures. This is my latest. Normally, when I am home in Washington, I cut my own mats and frame my own pictures, but since we are in Arizona right now, I went to Michaels to have my mats cut. What a hassle that was.

I had to have the inside mat (green one) cut four different times before they got it right. The first time it was my fault because I measured it before I put the stitched lines in it and that pulled it in somewhat and made the opening in the mat too large. I took it back and told them it needed to be 1/4 inch smaller on each side. I went back and picked it up, brought it home, and they had cut the sides correctly, but the top and bottom were actually cut larger than the original one. SO, I took it back and told them what I needed. Went back yesterday to pick it up, and it was wrong again. This time I was smart enough to take the picture with me. They had cut the top and bottom correctly, but had cut the sides too large this time. Luckily, the gal that waited on me said they had a piece of that matting there and she would cut it while I waited (instead of having to wait 10 days like I had each time before). Finally, it got cut correctly and I got it framed. The poor girl that waited on me yesterday was so nice and felt so bad about all that had gone on. Guess I could have saved myself a lot of hassle if I had taken the picture with me when I went to pick up the first corrected mat.

Anyway, it's on the wall and I absolutely love it. This was made with my Brother embroidery machine using my 5x7 hoop - so I just wanted to show you that you don't need a giant hoop to make nice things.

Cactus Picture
[ATTACH=CONFIG]130566[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-130561.jpe