Old 03-03-2011, 04:38 PM
jillaine

cream, taupe and white...oh my that must have been absolutely stunning and elegant.

I seem to recall that the squares were about 12"-- as you may be able to count, I made 30 of them-- 5 squares by 6. (therefore 60x72). Each of the 30 had 88 pieces (2,640 but who's counting?) And then I added what appears to be about 8 inches on each side bringing it to 76x88. And THEN, after many years, the German couple had someone add an even wider dark blue border all the way around because they got a larger bed. I'm just thrilled they're still using it! (And that those 1/4" seams are holding up!)

Diane, I believe I have an extra block (or most of one); PM me your address, and I can mail it to you.

I did this quilt in my "early" years of quilting, before I knew any better. I think the only reason I got it done is because I promised it as a wedding present and they saw it when it was about 75% finished. I doubt I'd have the patience for it today. But yes, it was my crowning glory, and I haven't made anything nearly as exquisite since.

My husband calls it the "oh sh*%!" quilt because he kept hearing that from my sewing room.

-- Jillaine