Old 03-03-2011, 07:13 PM
BoJangles

Ok you guys, I have all my machines working great now - even my Wilcox and Gibbs, but I was still having problems with my New Home T No 3 machine. It has a wierd wire that runs down the face of the machine. I couldn't figure out how to thread the thing. Well, I finally figured the threading, but still couldn't get it to pick up the shuttle thread. I had ordered what were suppose to be New Home needles, Boye # 4's and still no luck.

Tonight I got a magnifying glass and looked to see what needles I had. They were Schmetz! They came in the tube marked Boye 4, but were Schmetz needles! Just goes to show us that we better be careful what we are buying off of E-bay! I found one needle marked New Home - a longer than Schmetz needle - and now my T No 3 is sewing.

Miz Johnny, did you know that this T No 3 machine takes a longer than normal needle? I thought it took the short one like the Light Running New Home takes? Do you know what size needle I will need to get for the T No 3? I just lucked out and this needle works, but it is long!

Nancy