View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 08:04 PM
crafty_linda_b

Debbie have you tried the 10 min block by Suzanne McNeill? It is a super easy one. I did a twin size quilt in about 4 hours. I even had to take out 2 of the blocks...youtube has a great video of her demostrating it. There are several different pattens for the same type of block. It's a simple 3 seam block that ends up being 20" square. If you do this one..I will caution you to be careful with the center part when you do that last seam. Mine came back up out of the seam and I had to rip it out twice. I figured this part out and then the rest of it went together smoothly. Just had to make sure I pinned it well. I made one for my SS at church in January. We had our revealing party and that was her final gift from me. I think I posted a photo of it in the pictures section if you want to see it. It's done in blues. Good luck.
Happy Stitchin' Linda B.

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
By Kaye woods is supposed to take 6 hours. I have not been able to match that time yet. LOL. Maybe reading the pattern takes that long. I have done several now and they are great for Charity quilts. I even find my self putting 4-5 fabrics together for one when I think "that would be a good 6-hour quilt. Is it me or has anyone managed to finish it in 6 hours?????