View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 11:07 PM
gcathie

I got started by making a list of things I would like to do before I leave this world.....
Well my DH was very ill and that has changed me completely.....that's why I did the list .....
I've always been a crafty person ....Home Ec..I made most of my cloths
Learned to crochet when I was in second grade....learned to knit as a teenager and have done many craft items and sold them in a local shop....
Quilting always scared me....I can remember picking up a Quilt book and trying to understand what the.........it was all greek to me......so I put the book on a shelf and waited a couple years....got brave and brought it out again....still greek

I had a girlfriend that moved away that was into quilting wall hangings....one year for xmas she got me a subscription to a quilt magazine......rest is history.....
I've taken a class or two....my first class was hard but I managed threw and I read and study everything I can....and still do 4 years latter ...I read all the tips and watch all the quilt shows I can cause I have found I am always learning and that is what I like the most about quilting....
My Dear friend has passed and never got to see a finished quilt but I know she is with me in spirit and smiles down on me......:-)

Results of my first class on quilting....defiantly in over my head....but I did make 2 of these for twin beds..
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25262[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-25262.jpe