View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 10:39 PM
eugogirl

Hello, I'm Jean from Tampa Bay Florida. I've been quilting for just a year. I'm working on a project, making quilts for my 5 siblings (as a surprise to each recipient). i completed the 3rd of these "legacy" quilts last week, sent it to my older sister in NC on Monday. (She received it Wednesday). My work is not perfect but I'm proud of my accomplishments so far, especially consdering the fact that I'm legally blind/visually impaired. I know there is debate re: hand-sewn vs. machine-sewn quilting. My hand-sewing skills have deteriorated so, it wuuld be impossible for me to make a qullt were it not for my trusty sewing machine. As it is it's nearly impossible for me to thread ordinary needles. I use a device to thread the machine needle, and EZ threading needles for the little hand sewing I do. I've also developed some adaptive skills since taking up quilting and I've availed myself of much online information. In addition to the quilts, I've also made some quilted Christmas wall hangins and mini-purses, and I'm working on an art quilt design. I love quilting!