View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 05:18 AM
betsey

This has been on my mind since yesterday. I am in a similiar situation right now. I offered a family member a bed quilt for her wedding gift as opposed to a monetary gift. She chose the quilt. We met at my home to discuss colors, patterns, style, etc. I had many fabrics and photos and books for her to get ideas and choose from. She brought her finance(?),who offered no input. Basically she chose a classic sampler with blues, white and yellow. Excellent choice, I thought. A short time later she told me she would like some butterflies, flip flops, and the New York Yankees put into the quilt. I told her I could get butterfly fabric, some "beachy" fabric, and put a Yankees patch on the back of the quilt. I started making the blocks and emailed her photos-no reply. After weeks, I emailed again-no reply. After finally calling her she said she got the photos and thought they were "OK." I am so discouraged, and have lost interest in finishing this quilt as I feel my time and effort are not appreciated. That being said, I did offer to make her a quilt and gave her probably too much input. I will finish the quilt and give it to her to do with it what she will. When you give a gift you should give it with no strings. People that don't quilt have no idea of what making a quilt entails. With reagrd to your sisters quilt, your fabric choices are great. Take control of the situation, make it how you want, give it with love and then be done with it. As far as the skulls-no, no, no. The boyfriend probably won't outlast the quilt. Good luck.