View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 08:23 AM
milp04

Originally Posted by bdsmith
I always use a hoop but remember when using a hoop don't get the fabric tight- you need it loose to do the rocking stitch- I think lots of people think it should be tight like in cross point or other types of hand work- lossen up the fabric
Hi,

I agree with bdsmith. There are several interesting tutorials on You Tube which I would recommend viewing. There are different methods using different types of hoops, thimbles needles and quilting aids all making each a different way of quilting. I found several interesting quilting aids that are now on my list of items for future purchase.

You may also find as time goes by that you need to change the way you quilt depending on the size of the project, how much you quilt and how your fingers, hands and wrists handle the quilting movements.

I'm also planning on attending some quilt shows this year. Sometimes they have some ladies working on a quilt either in a frame or individually. The next time I see someone hand quilting I plan on watching them in person and talking with them about their quilting method.

Have a Great Quilty Day!
Pam M