Old 03-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Jshep

Originally Posted by cmw0829
This was DH's idea. The largest and sunniest room in our house is the living room. We've lived in the house for 19 years and have rarely used it. We don't entertain a lot but when we do, we use the family room since it's more inviting - we've very casual people.

So, he suggested that I move my sewing stuff there so I can have another sewing table with my new machine and a separate cutting station. Right now, I'm using a corner of an upstairs bedroom that is also shared by a computer and TV with two recliners (the kid's man-cave when he's home from college). Can't leave anything out - what a pain!

I bought some fabric from a lady yesterday and when I went to pick it up she had turned her living room into her sewing room. It was fabulous. She had a large picture window facing the street and a foyer for the front entry so that she could close off the living room if she had company. She had a long arm, a sewing machine and an embrodriary machine set up. Floor to ceiling shelves around the room for fabric and books. Her computer and a tv. She said she also had a spare bedroom that she stored more fabric in.

Has anybody else done this? How did it affect your home?

Thanks. :)