View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 12:13 PM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Image00
I would do a large meander all over.
No offense, but I literally screamed NOOOOO inside my head when I read this.

I would come up with a flower motif for the GMFG portion in the top or do traditional quilting of 1/4" away from every seam but I would more lean to the flower motif but keeping it within the boundaries of the individual flowers. I would echo around the applique in the top as well doing multiple echos then filler of some sort like McTavishing or Charismah curls. I would carry down at least one or two echos to around the long flower that comes to the bottom part.

In the covered bridge scene I would do some sort of quilting to make some of the applique stand out. Perhaps quilt very closely almost like SID only around the covered bridge, the path some of the trees and definitely the quilts hanging on the fence. In the open white space next to the farm scene is where I would have to dwell on it for quite a while. I do like the idea of clouds and fields of grass and maybe even a quilted tree or two. But I also like the idea of background fill to really make the bridge scene pop. That lower section really opens up to some fancy quilting but not traditional quilting. Maybe if I did a flower motif in the GMFG I would carry some if it down into that area as well. feathers, even victorian style feathers would look good too, especially if they were also in the peach outer border of the top section. So many possiblilites in that area. Even just echoing around the flower and echo around the bridge area until the two echos meet and then some cool echo fill.