View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 02:06 PM
NanaCsews2

Originally Posted by miss_ticky2
Ccleaner isn't an antivirus or antispyware. The part that I use, it helps clean out your temp internet files and other stuff that accumulates from web browsing.

The registry side cleans out left over files from when programs are installed or removed. Unless you know what you are doing with registry cleaners, best to leave that side alone as you can have things suddenly not working. That's why I use another trusted program and always have a restore point created first.
I agree. My son is a computer techie/geek. He reformats, cleans out peoples problems on a regular basis. People think they have issues with a lemon of a computer after awhile, when they really need to just keep it clean. He suggests reformatting once a year. It will run as if it just came out of the box from the store.

Also, if you use Kaspersky, and it is a good one, please be aware your computer may slow down a tiny bit, but it is just that it is checking everything. We used to have viruses all the time, havent had any in almost 3 years since we started it.