View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Quilter2B

After two months of struggling with my new LA, I am almost done with my second project, a wallhanging I had hoped to have done for my DH for Valentines Day; oh well it is only a couple of weeks late - I know he will understand.

I was auditioning border fabrics to ask for your input; after I looked at the pictures I realized I think I already know which one but still wanted to have the benefit of all your goodly vision and advice.

Yes I used my computerized robot and NO I don't think that is cheating. I simply don't have the "flow" needed to do it freehand as yet but even running the computer takes a lot of work - each one of the diamond pairs is a separate "pattern", requiring thread cutting and pulling and there are 64 of those alone. I almost didn't use those put I wanted a "diamond tuck" style like they use in upholstery.

I have another quilt that I have finished (but that is another store in and of itself :shock: ) that I will post after I get the binding on.

In the picture with the fabric folds on the left, the bottom one is actually a light grayish speckle type fabric. It isn't used in the quilt but I thought it might bring out the thread a little more on the top (the thread is gray).

Which do you think would look best for the border, the tonal orange, the flames or the gray? I'm leaning more towards the flames - border will be small width. Thanks for your input and thanks for looking!

Auditioning Border Fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]131674[/ATTACH]

Ah Yes! The Back almost looks better than the front ;-)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]131675[/ATTACH]

close-up on back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]131676[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-131669.jpe   attachment-131670.jpe   attachment-131671.jpe