View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 05:35 PM
sandpat
Power Poster

I just love trapunto work and found that doing it by machine is really easy if you take a little bit of time and care. It can take a ho-hum quilt to "wow" status in a heartbeat...so add something new to your skill set...here we go....

1st- Select your pattern. Any quilting pattern that has sections that will "puff" up well will turn out great. I chose this one because I want to try it in some triangles to put on a quilt that has on-point blocks.

Step 2- Trace your pattern onto your fabric using your favorite marking tool. I like to use the disappearing purple marker. (Be sure to test to make sure it disappears!) Mark ALL details of the design onto your fabric. It is best to do this step after your quilt is assembled.

Step 3- I recommend that you use a Poly batting for this next step. I use either high loft poly or 2 layers of regular poly (whatever I happen to have). I Don't recomment that you use cotton batting! Especially if not pre-shrunk. (Think granny's bra)

Step 4- Pin your poly batting behind your design. Make sure that you have covered the entire design. Pin securely in place.

Select your pattern
[ATTACH=CONFIG]145881[/ATTACH]

Mark your pattern on the fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]145882[/ATTACH]

Pin batting securely to your block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]145883[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-145876.jpe   attachment-145877.jpe   attachment-145878.jpe