View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

I made this quilt for my mom a few years back. It was made as a memory quilt. My dad's auto shop became my mom's antique shop when my dad couldn't run the auto shop anymore. The large border is from the curtains she used along the workbench on one wall in the antique shop. The solid red is from the curtains she had on the windows. I added the white. I made it all by handstitching and now the fabric at the seams are pulling apart. I don't want to take it all apart to redo it so I thought maybe I could use binding to sew over the seams.

But I would like any suggestions on how best to preserve this quilt. She wanted it for a lap quilt on the couch but she has hardly used it. It frayed like this shortly after I gave it to her. It has been in storage since. The stitching is not pulling out rather the fabric has pulled out of the stitching. Not sure why. The fabric was not that old when I used it. Well on second thought now the reds are about 20 years old but they are 100% cotton.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-150967.bmp   attachment-150968.bmp   attachment-150969.bmp