View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 04:22 AM
Hen3rietta

Originally Posted by gingerella

My real problem right now is this: I want to use my new Accuquilt cutter die - but I can't figure out for the life of me what size squares to cut. As an example, (for the middle square and the four corner squares) I started out with a six inch square. I'm now settled on a five inch middle if possible. Here's where I get off the track.

If I want to use the half square triangle method to make the hour glass, (two pcs of fabric together and sewn on both sides down the middle, cut, then turned and sewn down both sides of the middle again)- and I do want to use it as I think it's the fastest way to get this done, my question is: What size die must be used to make the two squares into an hourglass to fit on to a 5-inch middle?

So, I will need TWO dies, one a five inch, and one a ? inch?
Help please - my sanity depends on this. The number of half finished blocks and the amount of scraps that are now scattered about my sewing room attests to that.
Gingerella, There are a number of variants on Ohio Star. If you PM me with an image and let me know whether the 5" is your finished measurement or including seam allowance, I can work it out for you.

Diana