Thread: Annoying Pop Up
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 10:37 AM
lots2do

Originally Posted by TeddyB1967
I know someone posted to click on tools then on the popup blocker from there. If this doesnt work, try clicking on TOOLS then click on INTERNET OPTIONS and then when that box opens, click on the PRIVACY TAB. Make sure there is a check mark in the box to turn on the pop up blocker.
This should help somewhat but you will probably need something to remove the adware.

Also you can block an individual page from opening. First right click on the url in the address bar of the page you wanna block. Now click on TOOLS and then INTERNET OPTIONS and then click on PRIVACY (same as above). Just above the box to checkmark to turn on pop up blocker, there is a button that reads SITES. Click on this and then right click and paste the url in the box that reads ADDRESS OF WEBSITE, then click on BLOCK. Then click on OK to exit out of there.
It popped again on me a few minutes ago. I followed TeddyB's directions in the second paragraph and am holding my breath that'll work. So annoying when you are on here just to relax!