Thread: what wou do?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 10:53 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jmabby
Hi,
The last week of Nov I bought a floor model sewing machine, they claimed it had less than 30 hours on it. Well, I got it home and couldn't get the bottom stitches to sew right, took it back after the holidays, left it with the dealer. A week later I got it back and found out the timing was bad from the factory, got it fixed -- I have a 2 year warranty on the labor. The machine started acting up again, sometime stopping completely, and at times felt sluggish. I wanted to take it back, but with the bad weather the roads were too bad, (I brought it from a shop 100 miles from my home) finally, the last week in Feb I took it to the shop, it still isn't fixed, they send it back to the factory. I told the owner I would like a new machine, but he said until there is a track record of the machine not working they don't do that. I paid with a check and now don't know what to do. Any suggestions?? They did give me a machine to use while mine is being fixed.
What the heck constitutes a "track record of the machine not working" you have had to take it in for service 3 times in as many months? I would mention that little gem to the dealer and ask what constitutes a track record of the machine not working if not this?