Old 03-05-2011, 11:23 AM
Wunder-Mar

I am a huge YBR fan - I have made at least a dozen, and a few of them were from block not used in the other quilts. It's a contemporary look that lends itself to so many fabric choices and palettes. I agree with every reason listed by YBR Fans.

Below, the first YBR photo posted I named "Detour on Yellow Brick Road" because I made a mistake on the first set of cuts, then later on could not find a small stack of pieced units I'd cut just minutes before (could it have been the clutter?!?!?) and ended up cutting and stitching another batch, then found the first stack, and ... and ... and ... one mistake and recovery after the other happened before finishing this quilt. THEN, after I'd stitched together the top, I "hated" it because the lights were "too light" and so I satin-stitch appliqued left over pieces to the centers of several blocks to blend them better. I loved the end result and really hated to give it up to a friend for her 50th birthday.

The second YBR is in autumn colors for another friend, and the third is a queen size YBR wedding quilt for my contemporary style daughter who "secretly" still loves old fashioned florals.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-132575.jpe   attachment-132576.jpe   attachment-132577.jpe