Thread: Well hey there!
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 11:52 AM
jpthequilter

Dear Brynn,
For one thing I am sixty years older than you = but I would not be surprised to find out our inner hearts are the same age. I love my computers, I have two laptops, a new ACER that runs windows 7 home use. and an older HP PAVILLION ENTERTAINMENT PC. 17 inch...
One time when I was in the Hilton hotel in Houston during the International Quilt festival, due to a goof up in booking, I was upgraded to an executive suite. In the sitting room they had a large flat screen TV that they invited me to get my e-mail on! I was absolutely blown away with excitement when it worked!
When I came home I did some research, and finally bought an ELEMENT flat screen TV in hopes of doing the same thing at home... but I haven't figured out how to do it yet!
I will have to find the book for details. but basically can I hook one of my laptops up to do that? Or would I have to buy it its own computer?
I use STELERA wireless WCDMA & HSPDA 3.5G 7.2 Mbps Ready Data Modem -an Expresscard USB Adaptor with two connectors ( that I haven't used both yet.) I use that internet service, because I like the mobility, and it is less expensive. But there are problems, like little news videos have pauses in them - but that might be in the acer...?
I am a funny person in dealing with computers...because I have always loved them...from the beginning. I am also a dunce! For instance I can't figure out how to cut and paste! LOL!!!!
I will tell you that I learn easily, once it is explained, or shown to me in a logical way. I was an Art and Physics major in college - but remember I graduated in 1951.
My career was that of a museum director.
I have been quilting since Iwas a tiny child. My favorites are making pictorial, or "Art Quilts". I also make some geometrics, liking 3D patterns.
Now, to the real reason for writing this.
Quilting is probably one of the best ways to express yourself, artistic talent or not...
I say this because I know some quilters who confess they don't even have an inch of artistic talent, but who have just sat down and sewed pieces of cut up fabric into incredibly intricate and beautiful geometric works of art.
and, laughing again...It is a lot easier to sell a quilt than it is a painting ! ( and it could be the subjects are the same )
I Encourage you to keep on quilting! You will find many many kind friends here who will help you.
Welcome! I live on the south Texas Gulf Coast. Jeannie