View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Helen Marie

Watch out! You'll be adding on a room to house all of your new 'tools'. You'll understand soon enough! As with woodworking, buy the best you can afford. I always tell my beginner classes their spouses would not buy a sorry golf club or drill, etc. You get what you pay for. Be sure to label everything before you go to class. Those rotary cutters, etc. can look alike.
Enjoy this new chapter in your life. You will find that quilters are very generous with advice. Any questions? Just ask...an answer will come your way. Good luck.

Helen Marie
Originally Posted by DirtyPaw
Got my first class under the belt yesterday. I was the only man there but it does not challenge my manhood even though some of my male friends have lifted an eyebrow, LOL. The teacher seems like a great person and the other students were cool too.There is 6 students in all. The teach said if we ever run into a problem we are free to contact her and she will help us out. The class meets for 8 weeks once a week for 2 hours.

We went over the color wheel and how to organize colors and the basic tools we need. It was a 2 hour class and it went by fast.

I have learned a lot from this board too for not knowing one end of a tread from the other.

Thanks and blessings to y'all.