View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 02:29 PM
barnbum

I'm a top maker and dread the rest. I've completed many tops of various sizes--mostly small, doll quilt to 40 x 40 wall hangings and baby quilts--in the past few months.

So the first goal was to get those eight layered and quilted during my week off in Feb. Check. Goal reached.

My next goal was to have those eight, plus a few more lap and baby quilts I hadn't finished, binded and done. Total project count: 15. The motivation is I can't start my next top--and I'm drooling over the fabrics--until all 15 projects are binded--the hand sewn part. Seems I like to quit just before that step is done. :roll:

I've been working at the pile all week after work. Today I finished the binding on projects 9, 10, and 11, and I have the next one pinned and ready to go.

The last three are 36" baby quilts that don't have a binding made yet, but that shouldn't take too long to finish those three.

The weather is terrible, so that is helping me make this goal much sooner than I expected. Yaaaayyyyy!!! :thumbup:

I know this isn't earth shattering news, but I had to share it with folks who would understand. :lol:

Here's the list I've been checking off:

Triple Irish Chain, lap top, done months ago, but binding never sewn on. :roll: DONE!

Triple Irish Chain in baby quilt size (leftover blocks) DONE!

Nursery Rhyme baby quilt DONE!

Thinking Outside the Block wall hanging DONE!

watercolor floral log cabin doll quilt DONE!

Watercolor floral wall hanging DONE!

Two Black and White Splash baby quilts for twins DONE!! and DONE!! and delivered!! :-D

Three two horse stall wall hangings. DONE! DONE DONE!!

Rose Garden lap quilt, 48 by 60 pinned and ready....

Three Talk-Abouts... need bindings.

WHEW!!!! :shock: