View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 09:43 PM
justflyingin

I decided to liquidate some of the scraps that I'm dealing with. You all have inspired me to reclaim my sewing room which had gotten overcrowded with fabric, bags of leftover batting, without room for the machine, working, etc.

I decided to cut up some of my scraps, concentrating on 2.5" squares and then attempting to make some of the scrap quilts from Bonnie Hunter's website. I already have strips, other size squares, but indecision had stopped me from cutting up most of these other scraps.

I devoted a minimum of one hour a day to cutting up fabric. I often used 15 min. segments. I was able to get about 8000 squares cut (I think). We kind of guesstimated this by weighing them. We weighed out 100 of them and then weighed all the rest of the cut up squares to get the figure.

This isn't one of those important topics...just a FYI in case you happened to want to know what a bunch of 2.5" squares looks like.

I'm having a problem adding a picture, so I decided to try it in two steps. I'm not sure what the problem is...

a full basket
[ATTACH=CONFIG]121720[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-121715.jpe